Outer Hebrides

Sunday 8 September 2013

I'm going to do a small series of posts showing a few things I have done over the summer holidays. For our family holiday this year we went to 3 islands in the Outer Hebrides. I've been there once before when I was much younger and it really is such a beautiful part of the world. We travelled up at the end of July when there was a heatwave across England, expecting to be greeted with rain and fog. Instead we had glorious sun for 2 weeks!




We visited a beach almost every day and because the islands are fairly small there was usually never anyone else on the beaches. The only thing that would have made it better is if the sea was warm!




The family friends that we were staying with had collected buoys for many years and assembled them in the back yard. The younger generation had great fun playing out on them right up until sunset.
Also a few of us went to the islands annual music festival whilst we were there. There was some great traditional bagpipes as well as bands playing covers of songs. One band played Mr Brightside and I may have turned 14 again..




Later in the holiday we also did some walks up some beautiful hills which left us with views for miles and miles. For me this is holiday was the perfect way to relax and spend time with my family. If only it was closer to home!

x

1 comment :

  1. The beach looks so pretty :)
    I love going walking fir hours in the hills on holiday as well!

    Missbeccabeauty xo

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what people think of my posts and will try and check out your blog and reply. So thank you for the comments! :)